Bible Think Tank

This site is designed to help you interact with others about God's Word. I further some thoughts we developed during morning and evening gatherings at church. I have my NT translations from the original Greek to English. Also, I have book reviews and other current events.

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Awesome Reformation Party!!

Today, Satuday Nov 3, was our church's annual Reformation Party. We had a blast! The kids played Rescue the Nuns and Throw out the Relics. Adults played win, lose and draw Reformation Edition. And Rachel and I sang a neat song about Martin Luther that we found whilst googling reformation party activities.


A Martin Luther Reformation Song
To the tune of “Super-cala-fragil-istic-ex-pi-ala-docious”

Verse 1:
When I was just ein junger Mann I studied canon law;While Erfurt was a challenge, it was just to please my Pa.Then came the storm, the lightning struck, I called upon Saint Anne,I shaved my head, I took my vows, an Augustinian! Oh...

Chorus:
Papal bulls, indulgences, and transubstantiation -Speak your mind against them and face excommunication!Nail your theses to the door, let's start a Reformation!Papal bulls, indulgences, and transubstantiation!

Verse 2:
They loved my tracts, adored my wit, all were exempleror;The Pope, however, hauled me up before the Emperor."Are these your books? Do you recant?" King Charles did demand,"I will not change my Diet, Sir, God help me here I stand!" Oh...

Repeat Chorus

Verse 3:
Duke Frederick took the Wise approach, responding to my words,By knighting "George" as hostage in the Kingdom of the Birds.Use Brother Martin's model if the languages you seek,Stay locked inside a castle with your Hebrew and your Greek! Oh...

Repeat Chorus

So sing it and have a hoot!

We'll post some pics of the party after we get our act together.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home