Bible Think Tank

This site is designed to help you interact with others about God's Word. I further some thoughts we developed during morning and evening gatherings at church. I have my NT translations from the original Greek to English. Also, I have book reviews and other current events.

Monday, September 10, 2007

God at Work in China

The Facts, Ma'am, Just the Facts

Read this article by Pastor John Piper: "Mark This Day and Marvel at the Work of God." This past Friday marked the two-hundreth anniversary of the first Protestant missionary to enter China. I want to encourage you to read Piper's comments, but for now, I'll quote the missionary's prayer. His name was Robert Morrison and he wrote in his journal to the LORD: "“May he be the first-fruits of a great harvest, one of millions who shall come and be saved on the day of wrath to come." God, teach me and my church and my nation to pray this way.


Where China is Today

There are 111 million Christians in China. 90% of them are Protestants. A CLOSED NATION IS THE THIRD LARGEST CHRISTIAN NATION IN THE WORLD!!!! We have GOT to pray more for God to work in this world.

Do you think He is waiting for us to ask before He works? It reminds me of that poignant statment by Jesus "When the Son of Man comes, will He find faith in the world?" (Luke 18:8) He says this right after preaching on the need for intense, consistent prayer for God to act on one issue.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Holly S. said...

Wow, an amazing article by Piper. Thanks for posting it. I never thought of the gospel moving westward. Which is a very interesting thought. Remember when Paul was praying about going to Asia and then in the dream the Macedonian called to him to go there instead. Then Paul continued to move westward and so did the gospel. God has planned this movement of the gospel to go westward and what glory he could receive from a nation of Chinese pushing the gospel west through the muslim countries to Jerusalem. God is amazing.

9/13/2007 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home