Bible Think Tank

This site is designed to help you interact with others about God's Word. I further some thoughts we developed during morning and evening gatherings at church. I have my NT translations from the original Greek to English. Also, I have book reviews and other current events.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Emerging/Emergent - He Said It Again

By the testimony of two or three witnesses, or more accurately the same witness twice now, I feel that the following notion is valid...

The Emerging Church is a distinct group from the Emergent Church.

I was listening to Mark Driscoll tonight at the Resurgence Conference. Watch it live here. He said that they are different. I wrote in my blog about this back in October after the BFC Ministerial Convention. Read that post here.

So again my question: can we the BFC feel comfortable trying this out at least on a trial basis without the fear of throwing in our lot with heretics?

I'd love your comments.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim Schmoyer said...

Yeah, the Emerging stuff gets kinda confusing because there's so many positions and takes on it. I'm a fan of Dan Kimball's view of approaching the movement's positive aspects without throwing conservative theology out the window.

3/04/2008 12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home