Bible Think Tank

This site is designed to help you interact with others about God's Word. I further some thoughts we developed during morning and evening gatherings at church. I have my NT translations from the original Greek to English. Also, I have book reviews and other current events.

Monday, October 01, 2007

Using Your Gift to It's Full Potential, Part One

Introduction

This is the place to comment on "Using Your Gift to It's Full Potential", my sermon from Sunday, September 30, 2007. It ended up being Part One since I yapped too long.

Listen to The Sermon
Read Notes on the Sermon
Read My Translation
Read the Text (NASB)


Tongues and Prophecy

I get it. We don't do these things in our church, in the evangelical church. I get it. All week long, I wrestled with how and even why to present this text. I really genuinely felt passionate about the introduction to the sermon. WE CANNOT BE A MODERN THOMAS JEFFERSON. We cannot blot out things that don't apply to us. Just because we don't practice these gifts and just because we happen to believe that they have actually ceased from the roster of the Spirit's gifts doesn't mean God's Word is useless in this passage. So let us uncover the deeper principles that can transfer to the using of any of our gifts. AND THEN let us use our gift to it's full potential.


Wrap-Up

What are your thoughts on 1 Corinthians 14?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home